JOIN OUR TEAM
The Part-Time Crewmember will work as a part of a team to pack and deliver meals each day to volunteer pick-up locations and/or clients across Johnson, Ellis, and Navarro counties. The Crewmember is a critical member of the Meals on Wheels team and he/she will interact with volunteers and clients on a daily basis, serving customers and representing the company throughout the community.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in food service program, including packaging and delivery.
- Loading, organizing vehicle and final meal component check to ensure fulfilling each route.
- Final check of correct quantities and proper placement and care of meals, fruit, sides and beverages when distributed to volunteer pick-up locations.
- Ensure safe driving techniques are followed and report any issues to Logistics Manager
- On-time delivery of containers and meals respecting all drop-off site staff and needs.
- Ensuring all food is safe including appropriate temperature levels for all meals
- Clean and maintain delivery vehicles
- Completing and submitting daily paperwork regarding deliveries
- Recognize the inherent dignity of each client/participant served and preserve his/her right to confidentiality and respect.
- Conduct training and orientation of volunteers, as needed.
- Assist in other areas as needs arise.
- Abide by the policies, procedures, and directives as set forth by the Board of Trustees of Meals on Wheels North Central Texas as implemented by the Executive Director.
- Texas driver's license; reliable vehicle; must meet Agency’s insurance requirements
- 25 years of age or older; ability to lift 50 pounds; high school degree.
- Clean driving record and ability to safely maneuver and operate a cargo van
- Attention-to-detail, especially with regards to counting accurately and organizing deliveries/equipment
- High level of energy and desire to be part of fast-paced and hands-on environment
- All applicants must pass background, reference, and drug screens.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
Able to physically perform requirements of job, including ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds and safely operated wheeled carts and dollies.
About Meals On Wheels North Central Texas Inc.
Meals on Wheels North Central Texas Inc. is a community-based organization focused on helping elderly and disabled persons remain independent and healthy in their homes by providing nutritious meals, a friendly visit, and a safety check.
Job Type: Part-Time; $12.50 per hour
please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com