Planned Giving

Every act of giving is personal and unique. Meals on Wheels North Central Texas has been serving homebound elderly and disabled residents since 1976 and planned giving is an opportunity to secure the future of Meals on Wheels. As our senior population ages, we face unique challenges within our senior community. But, with the generous support of people like you, we will continue to be a leader in senior services now and tomorrow. With your support, we can continue making a difference in the lives of others, while leaving a legacy for you and your family.

  • Bequest - Bequests cost nothing during your lifetime. It just takes a simple designation in your will or trust and can easily be revocable if your situation changes.
  • Living Trust - All you have to do is name Meals on Wheels North Central Texas as a beneficiary. Probate is not needed.
  • Donor Advised Funds (DAF) - Retain control and family influence over your charitable dollars! Through Donor Advised Funds, you can claim tax deductions now and decide later when your gift is made to us.
  • Retirement Assets - Retirement funds paid to your family at your passing can cost significant estate taxes. However, gifted retirement funds are tax-free to 501(c)(3) charities--such as Meals on Wheels North Central Texas.
  • Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs) - Individuals who are 70½ years old or older can donate up to $100,000 total to one or more charities directly from a taxable IRA instead of taking their required minimum distributions.

For many, a charitable bequest is an expression of appreciation for the work Meals on Wheels is doing, and the impact it has on the lives of seniors and their families in our community. The thoughtfulness of those who have already made planned gifts to Meals on Wheels has helped sustain and grow the services we have been providing since 1976.

Remembering Meals on Wheels in your estate plan carries federal estate tax benefits, and generally is not subject to inheritance taxes or capital gains taxes. Please consult with your financial advisor for more details.